Triton T200RE

I have recently moved to a new house and the existing electric shower has a pipe that appears to have some sort of overflow pipe coming from the power box. This now has water coming through it and connects to nothing so has caused a leak in the ceiling. However I have directed it to an over flow pipe so that for the mean time it pours outside if the shower is in use. I could direct it into the main hot water tank, but is this OK to do so? Is it mean't to have water coming out everytime the shower is in use? Is there a proper way to deal with the water other than the above.

The shower is a Triton T200RE that has a flush fitting control panel and a separate power box fitted within the roof space.

Reply to
Michael

Check out

There is a Shower Doctor section .

Could it be the Pressure Relief Device has been activated ???

"If water is leaking from a clear plastic tube at the bottom of the unit, then the Pressure Relief Device (PRD) has been activated. A replacement can be ordered from the Triton Spares department (024 76372222). "

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I have one of these and when the PRD failed water came out as you describe. It is like a metal flying saucer with a diaphragm in it.

I rang triton and a new one came very quickly and was quite easy to fit.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

I would go as far as to say

1) it is the PRd. 2) The shower has expired. 3) Order a replacement of the same electric power and adjust wiring and plumbing as needed.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

This shower unit is like no other I have seen. The control unit is electronic low voltage fitted flush to the wall, the heater unit is remote.

When I bought mine it was 200 pounds while a standard one was about 50 quid upwards. Mine has been in very regular use (at least an hour a day) for twenty years, the only breakdown was the prd after about ten years, the shower hose also failed . I have remade some of the electrical connections on the heater unit. It has never even had the shower head descaled as I run a water softener. Overall I would say it is a very good shower unit, but the design is such that a replacement equivalent would be difficult, I expect.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

replying to Ed Sirett, PetshopPete wrote: Its just the clear overflow tube that is fed outside

Reply to
PetshopPete

He's been waiting 15 years to find that out.

Reply to
tabbypurr

It is just an overflow pipe which should be directed to outside.

Reply to
pete

I do not think it matters after SEVENTEEN years

Reply to
John Bryan

What is?

Reply to