Ideas please - Triton T80 Shhower

Hi all, I would value your thoughts on the following.

I have a Triton T80 shower over the bath.

We use the same heat setting all the time.

Switch it on and it is ok for awhile then the unit switches itself off. Even the Neon indicator goes off.

Leave for 10 minutes or so and it works ok again.

The water pressure is ok. Nothing wrong there.

The electrics to the shower are ok.

I think it is possibly 1 or 3 things:- a..... heating elements b..... Thermal cutout c..... Solenoid valve

Your thoughts most welcome

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

Reply to
troubleinstore

Here's an update to the problem.

Having a copy of the circuit diagram and parts list for the Triton shower in the original installation and user book, I rang Triton and asked if the parts were still available for this shower. Aparently the same parts are pretty universal to alot of their showers. I ordered a Thermal Cutout on Monday afternoon and it was here by 10am Tuesday morning. Fitted it in the afternoon and tested it, wife was wanting to shower. Test failed. 3.5 minutes into the test, it switched off. I phoned Triton technical helpline and the chap at the other end asked several question. His advice was to fgit a new solenoid. Well that was purchased and am expecting the posty to bring it this morning. Will keep you posted.

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

Reply to
troubleinstore

Hi,

Sounds like it's a partial blockage causing it to overheat, though it could be a poor connection that's heat related.

So in order of likelihood:

a. Scaled up heater tank, shower head or blocked inlet strainer b. Loose connection, possibly to heater or solenoid c. Open circuit in heater tank or solenoid or switch etc d. Solenoid not opening fully e. Marginal water pressure or water pipe blockage before shower

The service manual for the shower may have other reasons and a better fault diagnosis.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C