Frog question

In the green/growing room add-on to our house, I put the dwarf trees in it for the summer, and there's a widdle green and brown froggie(sizewise between a quarter and half dollar) in the dwarf banana, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it will hurt the tree. It was kind of burrowed in the soil, now it's in the new leaf growth, and I want to know if I need to take the frog out. It didn't come with the tree, it came from our yard, most likely from the pond.

Victoria, zone 5a

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

I've never found that frogs do any damage and have always considered myself to be fortunate when I've found them as their presence tells me that I have a good healthy environment given that frog decline is an indicator of a noxious environment.

However, I obviously don't live in your country as I don't know what size you mean when you refer to a 'quarter' or a 'half dollar'.

Reply to
FarmI

Frogs in the garden are good. They are carnivores mainly eating insects worms etc.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

"Lilah Morgan" wrote

| In the green/growing room add-on to our house, I put the dwarf trees in it | for the summer, and there's a widdle green and brown froggie(sizewise | between a quarter and half dollar) in the dwarf banana, and I was wondering | if anyone knows if it will hurt the tree. It was kind of burrowed in the | soil, now it's in the new leaf growth, and I want to know if I need to take | the frog out. It didn't come with the tree, it came from our yard, most | likely from the pond.

It's a tree frog. You can find out what kind it is, here:

Pat

Please return the froggie to the pond or your yard. It will starve to death in your home, unless your home is riddled with bugs and insects.

Reply to
D. Arlington