Frog Tool Co., Chicago

Anyone know what happened to that guy, Rich, the owner? I know he went into business elsewhere. Got to meet James Krenov personally in there back in the '70s, and Rich was always a good conversationalist. Used to talk about how famous people would come in for hobby supplies while staying in town and you'd never recognise them.

Reply to
BUB 209

His shop/store in Chicago fell victim to gentrification and very expensive loft spaces. Somehow I believe he retreated to Dixon Iliinois, but this is an unconfirmed rumor

Reply to
EricM61635

A quick Google shows them here:

Frog Tool Company Ltd, (815) 288-3811, 2169 Il Route 26, Dixon, IL 61021

Reply to
PC Gameplayer

replying to EricM61635, Colomae wrote: My son worked for him. He is just north of DixoninWoosung, IL.

Reply to
Colomae

I worked at Frog Tool on Jackson in Chicago when I was in college at UIC (then UICC) around 1981. I put the handles on the tools and labeled the catalogs for 5 cents each.

Reply to
TonyL

FALSE. He was run out of town for using derogatory and hateful language. His business is now called "Person of French Descent Tool Co."

Reply to
Jay Pique

Don't feed the trolls.

Reply to