Automatic table saw emergency stop

I know someone who named her dog "bawbag" for a laugh, then realised that shouting that loudly across the local park to call it back was embarrassing.

If you've no idea what that means you might have to be Scottish. Baw is their pronounciation of ball, so it means a sack of testicles.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Bloody hell, that shows they might have a second brain cell after all.

Get one of those flashing LED collars. Although that might only work with dogs. I can see a cat thinking it's not fashionable enough and removing it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 22:18:42 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Barfaletta?

Reply to
Tekkie©

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill Sergeants.

Reply to
rbowman

He hasn't pulled that one yet. I had a bag of cat litter in the car for traction material. I dumped some into a dishpan and was pleasantly surprised when the cat figured out what to do with it. If he can't sleep on it or eat it he isn't interested. You know the thing about cats and lasers? Forget about it.

Reply to
rbowman

I don't know how well it worked but I saw a description of a project from a nerd with to much time on his hands. The door was solenoid controlled which is no big thing but he had mounted a camera and was doing facial recognition to screen out skunks, raccoons, and potentially other cats.

Reply to
rbowman

I had cats that slept in their food. Until another one wanted the food, then all hell broke loose.

That works just fine:

Commander Kinsey

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector. Acronyms are useless, if you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym finder, there will be about 30 results. I once worked where the same three letters meant two completely different things in a different department.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've heard of one designed to not open if the cat is carrying a dead animal.

Reply to
Sam E

That reminds me of someone I used to know who worked in LSD (Library Service Department), and I knew that LSD stood for Least Significant Digit.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:46:14 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Hmm, novel but useful? IDK

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:42:29 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

He is in command of the house and you are just a servant. Why is it when you look at a cat you are always eye level to it's asshole?

Reply to
Tekkie©

Google for Flo Control. Possibly via archive.org.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Cats think that. If you think that way, you need an easier animal. It's your house, you can control it.

Cats have no concept of how disgusting shit is.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'd be asking everyone where I can get LSD.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey
[snip]

My cat us usually outside more than inside, although that's reversed now since we're in the middle of the biggest winter storm in years.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

I used to have one that used the bathtub (maybe it looked like a huge litterbox?). To discourage that, I made a bathtup cover from some thin plastic lattice that's often found around mobile homes. I considered labeling it "Binford no-shit 6100 bathtub cover".

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Around here BLM meant Bureau of Land Management until a few years ago.

Reply to
rbowman

I have a problem of getting confused when trying to be polite about Mormons.

Reply to
rbowman

They know enough to bury it...

Reply to