Automatic table saw emergency stop

Wonder how they evolved like that, and why dogs didn't.

And why some dogs do a very half hearted attempt at kicking a few bits of dirt over their turds with their back feet.

Reply to
Fred

Bacon Lettuce and Marmite

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why does marmite remind me of thermite, tannerite, and other non-edibles?

Reply to
rbowman

Because it tastes of bakelite?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's like spam isn't it? Low grade waste product sold cheaply. Not sure why either continued after the war.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

About 1 in 4 of my cats buried it.

1 in 4 couldn't be bothered and shat anywhere, sometimes off the edge of the (large) tray, sometimes in the f****ng bath!

And 1 in 2 tried to bury it, but were so stupid they couldn't work out where the shit was once they'd turned round to dig. The pile of dug litter would end up missing by 4 inches, then they'd actually have to go smell it (ugh!) to see if it was buried. They do have eyes don't they?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I don't get those any more. My front door has a large sign saying "No salesmen, no charities, no religious nutters". Funny thing is my next door neighbours are religious nutters. She once asked me if that notice was intended for her. I said as long as you don't try to convert me, no.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I had to look that up. All based on a criminal getting "murdered".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If it was made by Binford, it would blast the cat with jets of water.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If it was made by Binford, it would blast the cat with jets of water.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If it was made by Binford, it would blast the cat with jets of water.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

when delivering Parish Newsletters a few years ago I came across: "Attention - chat imbecile"

Reply to
charles

Ms Kitty FatCat has her own personal access hole to under the house , where it hasn't gone below 42° during this entire event . When it was

-6° outside it was 41.8° under there . She is an outside-only cat , will come inside occasionally but wants back outside within a few minutes .

Reply to
Snag

It has to do with their hunting style . I read that somewhere way back in the annals of time . Most likely way before the internet , so don't ask for a cite or a link .

Reply to
Snag

Can't see that, particularly as plenty of cats don't bury their turds.

that it's the non dominant cats that bury their shit so that dominant cats don't get offended by their turds in their territory.

Certainly dogs are very obsessive about marking their territory with piss and checking out what other dogs have been marking their passage etc.

Cant find any useful explanation for the very trivial kicking a bit of dirt in the general direction of a dog turd tho.

Reply to
Fred

If it was made by Binford, it would blast the cat with jets of water.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If it was made by Binford, it would blast the cat with jets of water.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If it was made by Binford, it would blast the cat with jets of water.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

How do you figure that ? This is basically a crawl space though it is over 4 feet high at the downhill end of the house . And as far as saving on heating , it's hard to beat free (except for my labor and a bit of gas) firewood - our stove kept the house comfortable when it was -6° outside . BTW , this under house space IS insulated from outdoor temps by an inch of foam insulation - which will be covered by native stone when I get around to finishing that part of the house . I don't expect that to warm it up much though , and in fact hope it doesn't . We also have a small cellar under the kitchen for food storage , I'd just as soon temps there stayed in the upper 40's .

Reply to
Snag

I spent the first few years of my career designing control circuitry for thermoset molding equipment so I'm very familiar with the smell of 350 degree F phenolic resin. It smells much better than marmite.

I guess if the Swedes can have surströmming the Brits can have marmite. To its credit marmite doesn't tend to explode.

Reply to
rbowman