Automatic table saw emergency stop

It's know excuse. FFS.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What a load of absolute codswallop. Most people shout troll to anyone who continually disagrees with others. All that means is their opinion differs from the majority.

The only true troll is someone who starts arguments for fun. These are either very rare or non-existant. I start arguments because I believe what I say, and the idiot masses disagree.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I didn't want to harm the parrot, and I thought the chair would give as it's a computer chair with a hydraulic piston. But that piston doesn't give if you catch the chair at a slight angle.

Didn't work with my cats. They either misbehaved more in revenge when they were finally let back in, or just ran away. I've now made them all run away.

I get that a lot on phonecalls to businesses, it gives the call centre bloke something to talk about while he's waiting for his annoyingly slow system to work, or trying to cover up the arse he's made of my account.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 19:07:42 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

I just saw a news article that a lawyer on a Zoom trial switch the cat filter on. Man what a pussy...

Reply to
Tekkie©

Oh, you didn't make that up.

Commander Kinsey

The cat might get pissed but he also has a good idea of who opens the cans around here. The cat likes it his outdoor time anyway. This morning was 15 degrees F with a couple of inches of new snow. The cat was racing around like his ass was on fire. Supposed to be below zero for a couple of days so I'll see how he likes that.

I was curious so I searched for what a cat's normal operating temperature is. 99 - 102, but the site mentioned you could check the cat's temperature with a rectal thermometer. Fuck all chance of that even if I had one.

I figure if the cat is moving it is still alive. I did watch the new version on 'Pet Sematary' over the weekend, which probably was a mistake.

Reply to
rbowman

When our cats were microchipped as kittens (about 11 years ago), we supplied our own chips to the vet (a friend worked for a company supplying vets) - so the surviving one (the other died under anaesthetic when being neutered) can have her temperature read using the code reader, as the chip contains its own sensor. A lot more comfortable and safe for all concerned.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Except the one you murdered trying to prevent it from enjoying sex. I never neutered any of my cats, much to the annoyance of my neighbours when the population got up to 15. And despite the myth that there are too many cats, I had people lining up to buy the kittens for £50 each, telling me they couldn't find any anywhere. If they were overpopulated, I couldn't have given them away. When I bought my first cat, I tried three sanctuaries. Two had run out and one had only one left!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On 2/9/21 11:41 AM, Tim+ wrote

[snip]

You should also use "breath" and "breathe" wrong.

Reply to
hah

There is a high cat population here so not many rats. The cat does catch the random bird but he doesn't share.

No, enjoying himself at a high rate of speed. There's nothing around to scare him he just likes dashing around. Sometimes the sprint brings him

20 feet up a tree. He used to leap off but a few months ago showed up with a sore paw and has become more conservative. Better in the yard than in the house.
Reply to
rbowman

I was amazed to find people pay money for cats. A can of Friskies and you've got a cat if you''re not too fussy. This one is black which has its drawbacks. When I come home it's two steps to the light switch. Even if I shuffle I sometimes get a paw or tail.

Reply to
rbowman

So the next night did the other find a dead cat under his pillow?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

lose and loose

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Once my car went out via the cat flap......

Came back later with some takeaway fast food.....

It was Mouse En Trap

(She had brought back a dead mouse that was actually in an activated trap)

[snip]

I had one cat that brought in a small rabbit one night.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I trapped a mouse in a spring trap in my garage, it must have stayed alive for a bit, because it dragged itself and the trap to the hole it had been getting in. Nice of it to inform me what to block up.

Killing them in the garden isn't so easy, I don't want to kill wild birds. I'd have to put it somewhere they could crawl into but a bird wouldn't go. Or use one of those drowning bucket traps with the diving boards.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You mean the old Mini. The new one is larger than almost every other car. Why didn't they call it a Maxi? Oh, that was already taken, and was also smaller then the new Mini!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Have you not heard of motion detectors? I don't have a single light switch in my property.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I am.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Try attaching anything to my 100 year old plaster without having to fill the crumbling contents first :) At least plasterboard walls are reasonably flat - in the good old days squareness and flatness wasn't even considered - a lot of my internal walls bulge out by 2.5cm top and bottom with a different thickness of plaster!

Reply to
alan_m