Automatic table saw emergency stop

I had one that brought in half a buttered barmcake!

Reply to
Steve Walker

Squirrel. Pheasant.

Both full size, the cat wasn't that big either, couldn't really see the cat under the pheasants wings.

Reply to
Dan Espen

ALAN....Find yourself a 1950's....cast-iron-top....Sears/Craftsman, 10 inch table saw.....even if its from a junk yard. You may have to discard the bent-up sheet metal 'box support structure' and make your own out of plywood. I pulled one of mine (I have three, my father's (bought new....early 1950's)....one I bought on Craig's List, same vintage... and a $30 flea-market find....banged up sheet metal base....no problem....needs a plywood box.... and recently another one ....just the iron top and guts....pulled from the curb on trash day...needs support/etc. All of these are 1950's-70's vintage, mechanically identical....just gussied up trim. More recently I pulled a banged up one from the curb....out for trash....same model. I replaced the bent sheet metal support structure (literally dropped at the curb) with a plywood box, cleaned and greased the bearings (easy to replace even if they're shot or rusty) runs like a charm. The guts of these vintage ones are tough. I don't know if newer or current Sears ones are as beefy as those from the late 40's-60's. Consider checking out a cabinet shop's equipment.....in addition to their commercial machines, a lot of them have a classic Sears Craftsman or two set up for light cuts, small runs or specific blade types.....as time savers. Good luck. PMH

Reply to
sawdust

[...]

I had a cat that took on a full size weasel. Honourable draw. Got a young weasel though.

Slaughtered a rabbit in the bathroom. Blood everywhere

Never known one kill a pheasant. Or a squirrel

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Everything should be wood. Far easier to work with.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:56:12 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

My black cat is quick to learn the lesson. I haven't run over her tail with my walker *yet* but she does move out of the way.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:58:22 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

Good job!

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 08:52:26 +0000, S posted for all of us to digest...

Expiration date?

Reply to
Tekkie©

The cat that owns us is a very pretty little gray . She just showed up on our doorstep - 12 miles from the nearest town - and stayed until I finally fed her . Oops , but it's OK , the dog likes her . She lives outdoors by unilateral agreement , so I never have to worry about stepping om her in the dark .

Reply to
Snag

This one prefers outdoors but also likes warm. It's currently 6 degrees and falling. The problem is the furnace is running, which the cat hates. Can't blame him since it's noisier than hell. So, there's a cat standing on the deck shifting from paw to paw trying to decide which he hates more. He's got a house with a heated pad that's better than nothing so he opted for that. We'll renegotiate when the furnace turns off.

Reply to
rbowman

Ms. Kitty has access to under the house , seldom goes below the mid

40's under there . Good thing too , since that's where all the pipes are ! <Just stuck a remote probe under there , it's right at 50° , outside temp is 21°.>
Reply to
Snag

I might prop open the hatch and show the cat where it is. The problem is there's at least one each skunk and raccoon, and I don't know how many cats around. I don't want them all living under there.

Reply to
rbowman

Wait until you fall over it in the dark going out to your car, then break your nose on the driveway. You won't feed it again.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I always found they weren't aware of their tails. They'd even think they were hiding when the tail was stuck out from behind the furniture. A parrot grabbing a tail was hilarious.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

After a couple of those encounters, when the cat meets me at the car he takes another route to the front door and meets me there. I have thought about getting some luminescent paint and dipping an inch or two of his tail in it.

Reply to
rbowman

I had one cat who showed up with the last couple of inches of her tail hanging on be the skin. It didn't seem to bother her but while she was busy eating with her tail lying on the floor I did a tailectomy with a paring knife.

What really bother the cat was the tail didn't look right and she spent a lot of time chewing and grooming it to try to get it to come to a point like a proper tail.

Reply to
rbowman

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 15:07:46 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Did you name it Miss Manners?

Reply to
Tekkie©

No, my wife named her Philadelphia. I keep it simple -- Cat, or more formally Black Cat to differentiate this one from the White Cat and Tabby Cat that come around sometimes.

He's also known as Shithead when he does some especially annoying cat thing.

Reply to
rbowman

I did that with a parrot's toenail. But I just pulled it off. He soon forgave me as he was more comfortable without it. They don't grow back unfortunately.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey