Subject Author Posted Replies

Buffing/Cleaning my rims
We had a near hit-and-run last week. I avoided the accident, but managed to hit a curb and pop the tire. The parts of the tire rubbed against the rim so hard that that it left rubber on the rim. The...
2
2

The Mac 'Delete' key - and more!
On 30/12/2021 19:44, Shadow promulgated this website yet again. said ....... //I just clicked through every publicly listed page on and saw absolutely no mention of David or anyone aside from the...

Concrete Pouring
Contractors were out doing curb repair in my neighborhood yesterday. The high temperature was in the upper 20s F and the low this morning was around 10 F. The pours were covered. I helped pour center...
2
2

The Unistrut Catalog and the Unistrut Patent
The Unistrut catalog is an indispensable guide to the products available for metal framing. With more than two hundred pages devoted to different metal framing products, the Unistrut engineering...

Brighten the nights with the moon?
If we covered the moon in aluminium foil, how much brighter would our nights be?
13
13

Ceiling lampholders porcelain vs plastic
The rec room in our basement has those simple ceiling lampholders with a pull chain, just screw in a bulb. You can get the bigger decorative bulbs or just go with normal light bulbs. I needed to...
20
20

What have you learned in your old age that you feel should be taught to high school students?
What have you learned in your old age about car and home repair that you feel should perhaps be taught to high school students?
295
295

How to put out a truck fire
You need the right extinguisher
2
2

Tree Fires
A news report this morning showed a house fire that killed some people. Officials think it was caused by the lights on the Christmas tree. The report said there are around 100 Christmas tree fires per...
16
16

Women and Large Dogs
Seen: a woman not controlling her large dog (it was on a leash) in public. The dog was controlling her. Heaven help the poor soul, or dog, who is attacked by that dog in public, e.g., at a park. This...
1
1

listening to r adio with caution
Heard something on NPR tonight, about getting stains out of clothes. They thought it was appropriate for the day after Xmas, a popular day to get food on clothes! And in the intro the guest quoted "...
28
28

OT: Craigslist Email/Phone Number Collectors
I've been selling some stuff on Craigslist...and get a percentage of scam responses- usually one-liners like "I'm interested or Call/text me." I respond- but never hear from them again. Are people- or...

OT. New Telescope
NASA launched a new telescope a couple days ago. It's supposed to see almost to the beginning. <> The detection of light from extremely old and distant galaxies could further corroborate the Bible’s...
13
13

Shop Light
I'm wiring an old farm building to serve as a shop and storage building. It will need some lighting. Wall mount, LED. I think motion sensor would be best so we don't forget the darn things on for a...
40
40

Repairing christmas window plaque/tree topper with "spinning" lights
Hi, I have one of those old (1970s/1980s) circular christmas light window hangings. It's commonly referred to as a "santa plaque" or a "tree topper." It has 32 lights, with three circuits. Each...
6
6