OT: Craigslist Email/Phone Number Collectors

I've been selling some stuff on Craigslist...and get a percentage of scam responses- usually one-liners like "I'm interested or Call/text me." I respond- but never hear from them again.

Are people- or bots- just collecting valid email addresses or phone numbers? If so, what do they do with them?

My wife thinks it's just kids getting their kicks from someone responding to them...the 21st century version of the kids back in the

50's calling the drug store and asking if they had Prince Albert in a can-- and when were they going to let him out...
Reply to
Wade Garrett