Freud phone number???

Anyone know Freud company phone number? I need to call them and ask what retailer sells Freud router bits in my town. I drove around and looks like no body sells Freud in Milwaukee, WI!?!?

Home Depot, Woodcraft, Rockler, etc, does NOT have 'em.

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

Ever used Google?? :)

800-334-4107

Dave

CNT wrote:

Reply to
David

I believe I didn't have any typo when using Google??

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

I was just teasing you.

search for "freud tools" instead of just "freud". Their website has their phone number.

Dave

CNT wrote:

Reply to
David

I used "freud router bit" and few others.

One came up

and they were VERY RUDE! I am Deaf and need to call people thru relay service. They said they will not accept a relay call. I dialed 8 times to hear the same thing.

I just called that 800 number you gave me and lead me to call Muller Co.

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

Chuck,

I hate to say this, but working in a business with an 800 number, we have received a fair number of relay calls. Each and every one has been an attempt at fraud.

Our operator will spend 30 minutes or more on the line (at our cost), only to find out that the person on the other end wants to buy a large quantity of what we sell, have it shipped to an international address, and pay with an offshore cashiers check or foreign credit card.

Now obviously, I am not implying that the hearing impaired are scammers - it's just that the scammers seem to have found this to be an anonymous way of plying their trade. It's unfortunate that this method of communication has been tainted for the people who need it. Our experience may have led some companies to institute a policy of not accepting relay calls.

Gary

Reply to
gw

Try e-mailing them your questions if you can't get them via phone.

Dave

CNT wrote:

Reply to
David

Another case of the "few" spoiling things for the "many". How shameful can people be?? Don't answer--that was rhetorical. :)

Dave

gw wrote:

Reply to
David

Spock said to Kirk... "The good of the many outweighs the good of the few, or the one." ;)

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

I live in Milwaukee, WI. The whole reason I want Freud's number is to get a retailer that sells Freud router bits, guess what, there aren't any in this town!?!? I will have to order it thru Amazon.com ( 97-108 for $154.99 ).

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

Just for funzies, as long as shipping is involved, might want to check CMT in Iowa?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Or Whiteside...I have no idea what that part no actually is, but unless it is a unique Freud profile or you have some other reason for requiring Freud, there may be good quality alternatives less expensive (but maybe not, too)...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Lot of others (including Whiteside) don't include backcutters. It isn't a unique design, just a COVE panel with ROUNDOVER rail/stile.

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

Have you tried the Rockler's on Highway 100 and just north of Wisconsin, and Neu's hardware in (Menomenee Falls maybe)?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

What shipping? Amazon usually waives the shipping for orders totalling more than $25 (or there abouts)

So, unless folks want/need it overnight there typically is NO shipping charges and no TAX

John

Reply to
John

Rockler don't sell Freuds... Thanks for mention Neu's, I am on my way there NOW!

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

Oh, boy, I smell the shark-bait now. I bet if you have a lawyer write them a letter mentioning the ADA, they'll change their policy in a big hurry. What a bunch of jerks.

I have a friend who's deaf, and I've used a relay service dozens of times to talk to him. It's no big deal - can't imagine what their problem is, other than massive ignorance. Maybe I'll prefer to buy from their competitors next time I need bits or blades. No reason for them to go out of their way to make life hard for you.

Doug Miller

Then why would you want to do business with them? If that is their attitude, use other brands. A relay call takes but a few seconds more than normal.

or
or many other good brands around.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm appalled! There are plenty of good quality routerbits around. Who needs Freud?

Reply to
Robatoy

I went inside Neu's and they had Freud stand (about time I see one after all driving around). However, they didn't have the set I am looking for. Not only that, their price is little higher too.

Amazon has the best price right now and NO tax and NO shipping charges.

Chuck

Reply to
CNT