Buffing/Cleaning my rims

We had a near hit-and-run last week. I avoided the accident, but managed to hit a curb and pop the tire. The parts of the tire rubbed against the rim so hard that that it left rubber on the rim. The tire co. offered to call there guy that fixes rims and stated that it could easily be buffed out for just < $200.

I wanted to ask here first, is there a product that I can purchase the local parts store that I could use to buff-out/off the marks my rims myself ?

-Or- how would I go about removing the marks ?

Thanks

Reply to
Sid 03

I have no idea what to use. If you have no solution, look for a wheel shop near you and cut out the middle man. I bet is will be much less than $200.

I had a bent wheel. The guy fixed it and while at it, balanced all my wheels. $125.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Light scratches on raw aluminum I take out with preogressive applications opf finer and finer whent sandpaper and then polish with autosolve. You can take out pretty substantial rash that way - no good on painted or powdercoated wheels unless you want to repaint or re-coat them.

Reply to
Clare Snyder