Subject Author Posted Replies

"Left hand down"
Why do people give the direction "left hand down"? It doesn't bloody matter if you're driving forwards or backwards, turning the wheel left still makes the car go left!
8
8

Re: Replacing cheap wooden windows
Hey, I hope you are all doing fine. I' m here, because I really need your help and advices. The thing is, tomorrow I will start repairing my house. I really want to improve my living room, bedroom and...
2
2

Really ON Topic
Actually, out of 5 newsgroups that I follow, this is the only one that is hyjacked.
5
5

Electrician drill hole in support beam
Hi, I am worried. I had an electrician do some wiring and he drilled a hole in my support beam vertically. I proved the picture of the size of beam. Should I be worried and what should I do.
2
2

DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?
Pour me somethin' tall an' strong Make it a "Hurricane" before I go insane It's only half-past twelve but I don't care It's five o'clock somewhere
3
3

OT. Reserved table at Burger King
The local Burger King has a table reserved for veterans. Single place, white table cloth, inverted wine glass, and , I think, a Bible. The sign says thank you.
13
13

Cassettes, once left for dead, are cool again,
I think I have a couple hundred stored away with my Bell Bottoms and Leisure Suits.
1
1

Mattress life expectancy
On Sat 04 Nov 2017 01:13:26a, Jerome Tews told us... Consider that there are numerous types of mattresses and they all have pros and cons. Thre memory foam, latex, air, memory foam hybrid, latex...
7
7

What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could do but have never done?
Remember the "How does the snowplow driver drive to his snowplow?" commercials? My 83 Sentra (FWD of course) with real-chain chains was very good on the 20 miles of 2-3 inches of packed snow/ice on...
527
527

OT: USA Daylight Stupid Time ends this weekend, Nov. 5, 2017
Nov 5, 2017 - Daylight Saving Time Ends Daylight Savings Time 2020 in USA – Washington DC. When does time change? Date of the next clock change and exact time to spring forward or fall back.
8
8

Infinity 4000 Pool Cover System--source of occasional electrical problem closing cover
I have an Infinity 4000 Pool Cover System, with a cover that runs on top of the coping. I am having a problem that is difficult to diagnose as it only happens occasionally. Components: -Baldor 115V...
1
1

In this US state you need a permit for fireworks… but not a shotgun
There isn't a drug problem. Drugs aren't harmful, the criminals are, an= d they wouldn't be criminals if drugs were legalised. -- = Patient: Doctor, I think I need glasses. Madam: I think so, too....
29
29

Global temperature continues to cool
>>There has been no warming in nearly 19 years. > Global temperature continues to cool > > Global effects of El Niño event seem to have passed, and we've cooled to a > value just before the event,...

*crosses fingers*
different roofing contractors finally made it over to reflash the chimney. the previous contractor gave up and never fixed the intermittent leak. i know it is asking for yet another round of tempting...
6
6

How do USB players keep track of position.
The devices that plug into the cigarette lighter and play sound from a USB drive through car radio speakers have the ability to remember where they left off, and, even when power is removed from them...
6
6