Electrician drill hole in support beam

Hi, I am worried. I had an electrician do some wiring and he drilled a hole in my support beam vertically. I proved the picture of the size of beam. Should I be worried and what should I do.
On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 8:14:10 AM UTC-5, noella wrote:

Looks like it's just a 2x4 stud to me. There are guidelines for how large a hole you can drill and where. That hole is nowhere near the limit, electricians drill holes like that all the time, it's necessary to string wires inside walls for example. The only possible issue there is if there is a smaller hole drilled all the way through close to it? I couldn't tell from the angle of the pic, whether someone just started a hole there or if it goes all the way through. If it goes all the way through, he should have drilled through that instead of putting another hole so close. But unless this particular stud is supporting an unusual load or something, there isn't a problem to worry about.
On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 13:14:02 GMT, noella

Not a problem - he did it exactly right. I'd be more worried about where the pipe goes through.