Infinity 4000 Pool Cover System--source of occasional electrical problem closing cover

I have an Infinity 4000 Pool Cover System, with a cover that runs on top of the coping. I am having a problem that is difficult to diagnose as it only happens occasionally.

Components:

-Baldor 115V no: 33E436W730K1

-IN1000 Dual Sensor

-4000: GE NORYL HS1000X UL746C(f1)

PROBLEM: Occasionally after opening the pool cover electronically, it will not close. Sometimes when this happens I hear a very brief motor 'turn-over' sound, sometimes no sound.

WORK-AROUND: My pool cover repairman, recommends the following work-around: de-power the system by tripping the GFCI circuit, reset GFCI, and try switch again. Rarely this works. What seems to work is; trip the GFCI, reset the GFCI, and WAIT A COUPLE OF HOURS, before turning the switch to Close.

The pool cover repairman has said the problem is due to bad sensors, and has replaced both sensors. However this has not solved the problem.

Repairman is very difficult to work with, doesn't show up for weeks, and doesn't fix the problem.

Reply to
Ralph Daniel

A trouble shooting guide here:

Dean Hoffman