Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Check out this American fuel cell semi truck!
We are back !!! USA! USA! USA! Hydrogen fuel cell too. Zero pollution. DIESEL ELECTRIC Horsepower 500HP 1,000HP Torque 1,650 ft-lbs 2,000 ft-lbs Range 500-750 miles 800 - 1,200 miles On Descent...
4
4

OT: How to count a heart rate
Why have I never noticed this before? I accidentally heard my cat's heartbeat, and realised it was in pairs. So I thought, do you count all of them singly, or the number of pairs? Wikipedia suggests...
32
32

compulsory union fees
I've known a couple people who - for legitimate religious reasons - were able to opt-out of paying compulsory dues to the Union. They still had to pay - but it went to the charity of their choice. ......
7
7

OT: Why do cars slope inwards at the sides?
Are car manufacturers trying to make people go on a diet or something? Why do modern cars slope inwards at the sides, giving you less shoulder room? And then they have huge centre consoles so you have...
74
74

Can I replace a Scully oil gauge myself?
Personally I have a contract on HVAC service and mine would do it as part of the service. I was interested in looking at it and it looks like something I could do when I was younger. You can buy the...
3
3

Installing FIOS
Per micky: Dunno whether it's Cat5E or 6, but yes, they run an Ethernet cable between the indoor box and the outside box - and no, 30 feet is no problem. I think the limit for Ethernet is something...
15
15

AWG
Increasing gauge numbers denote decreasing wire diameters, which is similar to many other non-metric gauging systems such as British Standard Wire Gauge (SWG), but unlike IEC 60228, the metric...
1
1

Heating a washer hose extension
Yep That hose
7
7

Heating washer hose extention
Heating washer hose extension

Oil Change
No, the dealer can do it. When I went in for the first oil change, other reminder lights had come on and when I went to leave one was still on so I told the dealer to correct it which he did. That...
63
63

Poor quality switches
I have bought a lot of rocker switches. I got a poor quality product with these. I had to solder the wires to the connectors. https://www.ebay.com/itm/201580203590?ul_noapp=true Dropbox is a free...
10
10

Genie garage door opener won't work when temperature gets close to freezing
Opener kicks out when it gets just above freezing. I checked all the settings and everything seemed right. Then I took a small heater and put it on the front of the unit, after about ten minutes it...
4
4

PVC Pipe Size
Doesn't PVC plumbing mimic PVC electrical? The OD is always the same. It has to be for the couplers, end fittings, etc. to be interchangeable between schedule 40 and 80. The production equipment for...
3
3

What was the coating used on Saloon windows in the past (2023 Update)
Stained glass but I doubt that actually made it to a lot of small town western bars. In a big city it may have been more common. I suspect that is just colored cellophane in the old cowboy movies....
5
5

Elon Musk's rocket
Bod posted for all of us... This makes my BS meter peg! Remember the taxpayers are giving him millions of dollars for cars and spacecraft. When he shot the Kar$ for Ka$h into space it ignited my...
3
3