Genie garage door opener won't work when temperature gets close to freezing

Opener kicks out when it gets just above freezing. I checked all the settings and everything seemed right. Then I took a small heater and put it on the front of the unit, after about ten minutes it worked fine. I have completed this process several times. Any ideas as to why it works when warmed up?

Reply to
rebel47

Sticky lubricant? Gummed motor bearings? Does it try to start and just sit there or does nothing happen?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If it is the screw drive type, I had same problem. You may need to clean and regrease the screw. It gets gummy after some years and sticks when cold. Genie says to use aircraft-grade Lubriplate.

Reply to
Retired

Another possibility would be a cold solder joint or similar on the circuit board.

Reply to
trader_4

Genies wear so little clothes that of course they get cold.

Reply to
micky