Heating a washer hose extension

My old washer has a hose extension on it. I bought a new washer and I am trying to get the hose extension on it. Will warming up the hose make it easier to get on and will the hose return to it's original size?

Reply to
Seymore4Head

Don't know. Have you tried dish washing soap or hand cleaner to make things slicker?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Nope. I will give that a try. Thanks

Reply to
Seymore4Head

Heating it in hot water or with a hair dryer should help.

Reply to
trader_4

What's a hose extension? Is this a clothes washer, a dish washer, or a dog washer? Doesn't it take a standard garden hose connector?

Reply to
micky

Oh, you're talking about the output hose, a metal thing that hooks over the sink, right?

Reply to
micky

Yep That hose

Reply to
Seymore4Head

When I put a repair end on a garden hose, if its tough to push into the hose, I stuck the end in boiling water for a few seconds. If you have a pan of water large enough, try to use that on your hose. Or maybe just pour boiling water over the connection. It's never hurt a garden hose. I dont think it will hurt that hose either, but I am not 100% sure. Heat softens the hose....

Reply to
metric