Can I replace a Scully oil gauge myself?

My Scullly oil gauge doesn't work anymore, it's attached to a Ventalarm gauge type VGA, I can unscrew the top plastic gauge and I can pull the inside metal pole up and down with some resistance but it just returns to empty when the gauge is back on even when the tank is full. I looked at replacement parts and it looks like the entire top Ventalarm gauge that also houses the intake pipe has to be removed, I was hoping I could just pull the mechanism up through the hole where the plastic gauge screws in but doesn't look like I can do that? Am I right? Should I have my oil company do it?

Reply to
Judd

What would they charge, if anything?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Personally I have a contract on HVAC service and mine would do it as part of the service.

I was interested in looking at it and it looks like something I could do when I was younger. You can buy the parts but might have to deal with things like rusted fittings. There are youtube videos on doing it. It is like a lot of jobs that you can do yourself but pros can do better.

Reply to
Frank

Judd posted for all of us...

Wake up! You asked a similar question regarding your whistle. My answer is the same; call the oil co.

Reply to
Tekkie®