Subject Author Posted Replies

Car repair question
Recently replaced the five year old battery in my car and that solved the problem. Battery was weak and after sitting for 24 hours, the voltage dropped to 12.0 volts and car would not start. Back in...
26
26

Inexpensive way to warm 150 gallons of water outside during the ten to five sunny hours?
I bought a 150 gallon Rubbermaid tub to take baths outside it won't get warm enough on its own. I can put gallon-sized "milk jugs" outside and they DO get boiling hot. So there's something about the...
29
29

New York City Sinking
Too many skyscrapers are making the city sink. Trump did it, of course. <> The city is sinking at a rate of 1-2 millimeters per year, scientists say, under the weight of its towering skyscrapers. It...
2
2

paying for drinks on buynothing or venmo
In a bar or restaurant, is it possible to pay for drinks through the BuyNothing or Venmo apps?
4
4

AHr people will like this
AHr people will like this Like A Boss Compilation / Funny And Satisfying Videos For Relaxing #35 Like A Boss Compilation / Funny And Satisfying Videos For Relaxing #35
1
1

Electric power washer safety
I have a gas Simpson 2400 psi. It is a pain in the butt. Looking at electric. My big question is how can it be safe? With my gas one I have water everywhere possible. What can I not get wet with...
6
6

Preserving weathered wood?
My FIL built one of those garden wishing wells out of untreated 2x4s about 20 years ago. He polyurethaned it, but that has long-since worn off. He passed away and my MIL asked that we try to...
6
6

Starter Doorknob
From the Onion. <> FINDLAY, OH—Calling it a great investment and an important step toward building long-term financial security, first-time homebuyers Adam and Celeste Conley told reporters...
7
7

DIY Easy mistakes to make. I'll start.
When replacing a kitchen sink drain, the cardboard ring is not packaging to be thrown away. It is to prevent the rubber washer from becoming deformed during tightening. I used to toss them in the...
2
2

health insurance
I receiveed a letter from AETNA health insurance. Says that due to high blood pressure and colsterol I get 24 one way transportation trips to the doctor and other places. Just what good do they think...
8
8

OT. Car Repair Insurance
I've seen quite a few ads lately for car repair insurance. They sounded like a waste of money. They seem even more so after reading this article in Forbes. > The limitations pretty much limit repairs...
7
7

Q: Can an electric box stick out the wall about half 0.4 inch?
Hello all, I am about to install my security floodlight on the side wall of my home. Is it to the code if I were to stick it out of the wall about 0.4 inch? (BTW, I live in San Jose California.) Here...
10
10

OT. Us Mode for Cell Phones
US Cellular is advertising something called us mode. It's supposed to let people focus more on the people around them in the real world. My cell phones have all had off switches. I don't always have...

This could save your life in case of fire:
This could save your life in case of fire: OT, good for use at home. What is a Toilet Snorkel? An American life-saving invention: you can breath sewer fumes during a building fire until the structure...
3
3

New deck is lower than old stairs
Per the contractor request we had 5/4 decking boards delivered. When contractor was tearing old up, he realized it was replacing 2x6 The deck is finished but where it hits our old stairs it is 1/2...
6
6