Subject Author Posted Replies

Zoom warning
This modern electronic stuff like remote controls, voice activated devices etc can make life a little better. They have their downside, of course. I've read of security problems with Alexa. Zoom can...
11
11

What is an e-nail, electric nail?
What is an e-nail, electric nail? Like the 710 Whip ceramic. bongs/water pipes gone electric? Why is it called a nail? 710 WHIP - Analog Electric Nail (E-Nail) Set (Pick Color) - The Dab Lab
5
5

"Disease is an enemy. It has killed more people than armies"
"Disease is an enemy. It has killed more people than armies" From a 1948 to 1950's radio program on now on The Big Broadcast, WAMU. "As in wartime, free people have set their minds on a goal, and will...
1
1

What Type of Black Paint for Brass
I have an antique, stamped brass, decimal, wall chart. The artwork (black only) needs re-doing, and I think it will have to be air-brushed. What type of paint would be best for going directly onto...

Moe about MintMobile
As a community service, I wanted to let even the people on know more about MintMobile. And of course I'm also posting to where I've learned a lot about cellphones. 1) MintMobile doesn't have monthly...
17
17

Leaf Blower engine seized
So, this is due to my own stupidity, but I believe I've seized (or mostly seized) the engine on my leaf blower. This group seems about 90% off topic these days, but maybe some of y'all are still...
33
33

More about the US census
For 100 years, Census Day has been April 1. the 2010 census, a new section was added to the Overview page, Key 2010 Census Dates. The other years don't have this, but at least I know that for 2010...
23
23

OT, sort of: Printer toner
I got four new Office World toner carts from Amazon for my HL-2240 Brother printer for $32.39 yesterday! I can't understand how they can sell them so cheaply. Hope they work! Haven't needed one yet....
15
15

2nd Wall Ready for Primer
Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian https://i.postimg.cc/MT3mG2Jv/2nd-Wall-Ready-For-Primer-10-17-2020.jpg
5
5

bosch dishwasher overhead spray arm
It's been more than a decade since JOHN posted that the arm goes underneath the upper tray. Wow! Thanks. I bought this DW because it's quiet, and have been perplexed about a new machine's arm just......

mask brackets
Mask brackets "these will make breathing so much easier" Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but it's...
25
25

NiMH batteries
I have batteries and charger maybe 10 years old that were seldom used. Charged them up the other day for a TV remote and one went dead in a couple of days and others only lasted a couple of weeks. I'm...
9
9

Car repair
Yesterday I had my head way up under the dashboard because after doing something really dumb, I had to replace a fuse. I was in a very uncomfortable position and then my wife comes out to pester me...
1
1

mechanism to change height of a work bench
I built a work bench years ago (~5' wide, 30" deep). Basic 2x4 framing and 3/4" plywood desk top with ESD shelf on top of that, + 3-4 shelves above desktop for equipment location. One thing I wanted...
25
25

OT. 70% Tax Rate
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta research shows how a small gain in income can actually cost poor people a bunch. <> (Bloomberg) -- Millions of low-income Americans are locked into poverty thanks to...
5
5