Zoom warning

This modern electronic stuff like remote controls, voice activated devices etc can make life a little better. They have their downside, of course. I've read of security problems with Alexa. Zoom can make life embarrassing too. Jeffrey Toobin got caught with his pants down.

Dean Hoffman

They do make life much better in fact. So does the internet.

So use the ones that don?t have a security problem.

So use the ones that don?t have those problems.

I use applepay for all my transactions and it has no downsides at all and the security leaves that of a physical card or cash for dead.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Alexa is doing Surveillance Capitalism INFORMATION GATHERING on it's users! Anything "Smart" these daze is! :-(

John Kuthe...

Reply to
John Kuthe

I see no reason for having a 3rd party involved in all of my transactions that takes a cut, amasses a database of my buying habits, and has the power to disable payments for any number of reasons. Makes no sense to me at all.

Cash on the other hand is freedom and privacy, and that is all I use for local purchases. It is nobody's business how I spend my money. (And no, I don't use store "loyalty cards" either.)

Reply to
Roger Blake
[snip]

Many of these are set up so you can key in "your" phone number and get the same affinity discounts [a].

"Your" in quotes because it doesn't have to be your own number.

Now... getting ahold of Rick Santorum's number and using it when you purchase a dozen copies of "The Joy of Gay Sex" would be evil. But there are quite a few semi public ones that are reasonably fair game.

[a] you probably won't get something like their yearly rebate credit (when applicable), but you'll get that lower price "for members" when you buy stuff.
Reply to
danny burstein

Any reference to Santorum always pulls me back to 2003 when this NSFW site was created:

Santorum tried to get Google to remove it from their search results, but they politely refused.

Jim Joyce

Apple products don?t. They don?t even do that with navigation.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Applepay doesn?t.

Applepay doesn?t.

Applepay doesn?t.

Yep, you actually are that stupid/ignorant.

Bullshit it is when you have to keep showing up at the ATM etc to get more of that.

Bullshit again given that the checkouts all have CCTV.

More fool you.

They know that anyway.

More fool you.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

It's all anonymous. Really.

Reply to
rbowman

That provides no evidence that Apple is actually doing anything of the sort.

Fraid it is.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You must have been looking in the mirror when you typed that. You are a low-grade moron to trust Apple.

You really are a dim little twit, aren't you? The point is once you have the cash no one knows what you spend it on.

LOL! And I thought I was paranoid!

It's not bullshit at all, Prince Myshkin, especially in an era when everyone has to COVER THEIR FACES to go into a store. (Even without that there are avoidance techniques that can be used to foil facial recognition.)

You are the fool here, little one.

LOL! SO you think "THEY" have magical super powers.

More asshole you.

Reply to
Roger Blake

The LGBT people have beat Santorum into a bloody heap on the floor. That purchase would disappear into a sea of other things that has happened to him. Google "Santorum" some time. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell