NiMH batteries

I have batteries and charger maybe 10 years old that were seldom used. Charged them up the other day for a TV remote and one went dead in a couple of days and others only lasted a couple of weeks.

I'm reading they may have finite lifetimes. Will I be wasting time trying to rejuvenate them?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Kind of stuff I saw on googling. Probably beating a dead horse with these batteries and wonder if new generation of NiMH are any better. Don't mind tossing the batteries but hate to also have to toss the charger.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

What's special about these batteries?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

/nder to remi / s Inde to charge devices.

Reply to
Thomas

I mark my wall calanda tofucck g;his rétypeo[ reminde guud sdoke

.
Reply to
Thomas

Can be recharged over a thousand times. They do lose about 2% charge each month just sitting around. Lithium ion are better but cost more and voltage is higher than you would want in the AA batteries in my remote.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

With the remote I'm using batteries might last 4 months. Voice recognition on the remote is disabled before the batteries give out. Buttons on the remote also light up even on picking it up.

We also keep stocks of all kinds of non-rechargeable batteries.

Reply to
invalid unparseable