Doing something wrong?
--
Pete Cresswell

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 2:26:35 PM UTC-8, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

any charge can deplete eventually, i suppose...?
marc
On 2016-12-16 5:45 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Exactly, depends upon how long they have been sitting on the shelf.
--
Froz....

On 12/16/2016 05:26 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I think they are charged -- but not fully charged, even when brand new.
And how long does it take the charger to determine the charge state?
Perce
Per Percival P. Cassidy:

The package was a dozen AAA batteries.
2 of them were charged up fully within an hour.
2 of them took more like 2-3 hours.
Four of them are still on the charger after six+ hours.
Four more are still in the box (charger only takes 8 batteries).
Had a similar experience with the four AAA Eneloops I bought a couple weeks ago.
I am starting to wonder about the charger - although it seems to have behaved normally for the year or so I have been using it on some AA NiMh Energizers.
--
Pete Cresswell

Could be the charger. I've had too many instances of Eneloops that fail to charge in my Sony chargers. Lost my Eneloop chargers when my basement flooded. I went to the Sony Cycle Energy batteries and IME they are better. They hold a charge longer, and take more charges. None have failed in about 3 years. Better charger too.
On 12/16/2016 5:26 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I thought they lost charge in storage. This reference says it could be as much as 40% in a month:
http://www.greenbatteries.com/nimh-battery-faq/#self%20discharge

That link is to regular NiMH. The Eneloop batteries hold on to their charge much longer, but not forever.