"Disease is an enemy. It has killed more people than armies"

"Disease is an enemy. It has killed more people than armies" From a

1948 to 1950's radio program on now on The Big Broadcast, WAMU.

"As in wartime, free people have set their minds on a goal, and will accomplish things not dreamed of before."

I think this is something about the UN when the UN was still a very great hope for the future.

The first in history to invade a country with instruments of life, not death....

Live from somewhere, and broadcast on radio, with a lot of static. Something about removing mosquito-breeding shrubs in the Tigris valley. Something about dropping seed. I guess it was a UN operation, but I never heard of it before. Something about a dan on the Euphrates, to bring irrigation to Iraq... Was it Iraq yet? Tikrit is mentioned

But I posted because of my first line above. Pretty relevant now, but some people need reminding.

Reply to
micky

That's overstated, there was some of that before the UN even existed, particularly with missionaries, but also with some explorers too.

Reply to
invalid unparseable