Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

aerate then slit seed
or the other way around? Does it matter. If I slit seed do I really need to aerate also?
1
1

Can anyone identify this weed grass?
I live in SW Missouri. Among my lawn grass and crabgrass I have another weed grass that I haven't been able to identify. Can anyone help me with this? HugeDomains.com - Rackowitz.com is for sale...
1
1

AWESOME SIFTER!
I just got my new Mr. Sifter and I LOVE IT. It works excellent!! I want all my fellow gardners to get one! Check out: You won't regret it! http://www.mymrsifter.com
3
3

honda 1211 workshop manual
Hi,I've just joined the forum. Does anyone know where to buy a workshop manual in the UK or find instructions on the web to repair (replace belts) my 1211 Honda ride on mower? Thanks. Django.
1
1

Reduce pine cones from douglas fir?
good usenet. :)
5
5

Converting lawn mower to manual throttle?
I'm late but you still need the automatic part, even with a manual throttle. They all have it. Otherwise it will stall quicker than you can ajust the throttle.
1
1

Lawn Mowers *** Expert Advice
I purchased a house and am moving in 5 weeks. I have mowed many lawns in m life, just never had to buy one. If somebody could provide me feedback on good lawnmower I would appreciate it. My yard isn't...

Lawn weeds and new lawn
Hi I had a query which I hope you can help with. I am based in London, UK with a south facing garden approximatel 80sqm. The lawn has been established for many years but has become overru with clover....
1
1

Red or Green Bell Peppers?
I recently bought some red and green bell peppers. I can't believe how much they are costing, about $2 each. So I decided to take seeds from each and try to grow some of my own. I took many seeds out...
4
4

Squirrels stealing apples
I have some small fruit trees. The apples look very good but squirrels are climbing up the trees to get them. Any ideas on preventing this? How do the large orchards cope with this problem?
5
5

Old lawn and planning to returf...please help..
Hi, Can I start by apologising if this is the 100,000 time the followin question has been asked but I am struggling to get a decent answe (from my in laws!) We have a v.old lawn (60 years), and it is...
3
3

3 year old Grass Seeds
I bought some grass seeds 3 years ago for a major re-grading and re-seeding project I was doing at the time. The seeds, which were a local blend mixed to suit my immediate area and climate, worked...

Noob improving lawn help
Hi, I need some advice on improving my lawn. As you can see from the images the grass is very sparse and thin. guess you could describe it as field-type grass. '[image: '[image: know little about...
2
2

Can anyone id this plant - DSCN0255.jpg (0/1)
Can anyone please help me Identify this plan. Your help is appreciated. Peter
2
2

Tractor mower engines
I have the choice between a Kohler single cylinder engine vs a Briggs and Stratton 2 cylinder Intek engine on a 46" tractor. Which do you think is better? Thanks in advance.
4
4