Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Horse Chestnut tree: Tree looks good, but no chestnuts?
Our horse chestnut tree (which pretty much every year looks healthy) never really puts out any chestnuts. Some years the tree is covered in flowers, and other years not so much. Last year there were...

Mower problem
Hi! This is my first post to this site. I have an old Lawnflite 548 ride o Ok and runs but when I mow my sloping field it plays up. mow across, and it is ok if leaning slightly to the left, but when...
5
5

Transmission Problem Peerless H2000-006A
Hello: My mother-in-law has a Husqvarna mower with a Peerless H2000-006A SilentTrac transmission. It stopped moving so she replaced the drive belt. This did not fix her problem. I cleaned the exterior...
7
7

Interested in sustainable farming?
- This link takes you to my new online multimedia publication Sustainable Farmer. It is aimed at providing people who are involved in sustainable agriculture =96 or who dream of doing so =96 the...

Trimming Pin Oaks
Where can I find instructions for the proper way to trim this sensitive tree? My Google searches aren't successful. Every time I try tinkering with the limbs, the entire branch dies... even when I...

Orbit timers...
I just joined this group to find out any inside info on Orbit products. In early Spring, I purchased a couple of their Digital water timers with valves, etc. then, spent a lot of time and money...

New Lawn needed
I have a fairly large front and back garden ~ 250metres sq. I got gardener in to relay the lawn as the existing lawn is in a terribl state due to building work that we'd had done last year. The soil i...
3
3

Snapper upgrade from 1985 to 2004
Hello there , I have a 26" Snapper riding mower I bought used las month. It works good on my medium sized lawn. It is alittle worn found a guy selling a 2oo4 28" cut. Is there any improvements on th...
1
1

Lawn membranes??
Afternoon everyone.... I've spent the last two days digging up my garden to get rid of th enormous amount of weeds and rocks which i've now pretty much done. M initial intention was to sow grass seeds...
6
6

What to do about suckers
I have a Hawthorn and two crabapples that are getting those little growths that look like small limbs growing out of the roots. Putting down the plastic liner (or whatever it is made out of) doesn't...
10
10

electric leaf blowers ?
I tried my first electric leaf blower/vac (Weed Eater 15 amp) on the 5th, and it was terrific for the first and only 10 minutes. Then the GFIC kicked out and when I reset, and restarted the blower,...
3
3

Snapper upgrading from a 1985 to 2004
Hello there , I have a 26" Snapper riding mower I bought used las month. It works good on my medium sized lawn. It is alittle worn found a guy selling a 2oo4 28" cut. Is there any improvements on th...

What weedkiller would you recommend
I have dug over and rakes a piece of ground ready to sow grass seed bu it is now covered with a fresh growth of docks. If I use a weedkille on these docks, how soon after can I sow the grass -- PatCh
8
8

New Hunter Sprinkler Heads
I am going to change my heads to cut the flow in half on each of my zones. What type of tools and supplies do I need to accoplish this? I have Hunter PGP and PGM heads mostly. Also, is there a good...
10
10

Low Voltage Landscape Bulbs
These seem like a good deal. Has anyone gotten their bulbs here? will check back, Thanks http://www.ultrabuys.comI