What weedkiller would you recommend

use roundup and plant soon after plants die.

ds549

I have dug over and rakes a piece of ground ready to sow grass seed bu

it is now covered with a fresh growth of docks. If I use a weedkille on these docks, how soon after can I sow the grass

-- PatCh

Reply to
PatCh

Perfect time to use vinegar. Spray the weeds - they should be dead within 4 hours tops. Water for a few minutes and the acidity is gone...

Reply to
Shanghai McCoy

Vinegar, really? Have you tried it? If it does really work, then that would be one inexpensive weed killer. Does it kill everything, or just a few types of weeds?

Reply to
Abe

I started using it a few weeks ago, and it kills everything - even dollar weed is brown within 3-4 hours.

Reply to
Shanghai McCoy

spraying straight venigar is cheeper than roundup???

ds549

5% vinegar (the normal strength you'll get at the grocery store) is what.. $1 a gal.? maybe $1.50? 1/2 Gallon of Roundup Ready-To-Use Weed and Grass Killer is $9.99 'round here...
Reply to
Shanghai McCoy

Yes, a heck of a lot less expensive!!

Reply to
Abe

ok , i was using the quart bottle of roundup concentrate for

20.00 , makes makes about 16 gallons of spray .

ds549