Interested in sustainable farming?

- This link takes you to my new online multimedia publication Sustainable Farmer. It is aimed at providing people who are involved in sustainable agriculture =96 or who dream of doing so =96 the information they need to succeed.

As you will see, the publication features video of sustainable farmers like the Titus family, whose daughter Rebecca has recruited 150 new CSA (Community-Supported Agriculture) customers. There is also practical information what you need to know to begin raising animals, as well as marketing advice on building a great farm Web site.

I also want to invite you to sign up for the RSS feed on my blog. Many entries involve what I am learning as we put in our new hoophouse. However, there are also postings about policy issues that affect sustainable ag.

And please also join our forum. We want this to become a place where sustainable farmers can share information, ideas and advice.

Last but not least, please send us your story ideas, your videos, your pictures to share. Any bloggers out there? Send us your idea for a blog.

I took an early retirement from Michigan State University last week, where I taught digital journalism, to devote myself to this publication. Many years ago, I was managing editor of Michigan Farmer magazine, but I lost my taste for ag journalism when it seemed to be promoting practices that were unsustainable. I am so glad to see the world is changing, and I want to be a part of that change.

So please take a moment to visit and offer your ideas and advice.

Thanks again =96

Bonnie Bucqueroux

[...]

Reply to
Sustainable Farmer