Tractor mower engines

I have the choice between a Kohler single cylinder engine vs a Briggs
and Stratton 2 cylinder Intek engine on a 46" tractor. Which do you
think is better?
Thanks in advance.
Reply to
FDR
I paid extra for a Kohler engine in my 42" Craftsamn mower. It has issues, such as oil leaks and noisy hydraulic tappets. Given a second chance I would go with a B&S engine.
Reply to
Chas Hurst
Both are decent engines, however it being a garden tractor with a 46" mower, personally I'd prefer a 2 cyl engine over a 1 cyl.
Red
Reply to
Red

Site Timeline Threads