Lawn Mowers *** Expert Advice

I purchased a house and am moving in 5 weeks. I have mowed many lawns in m
life, just never had to buy one. If somebody could provide me feedback on
good lawnmower I would appreciate it. My yard isn't that big, doesn't hav
any hills and will probably take 15-20 minutes. Friends of mine hav
lawnmowers that around $300-$400 but also have a much bigger yard than me
I would like to keep the price under $300 since mine will require less us
than the average mower in a season. Any suggestions on brand, essential
to look for and cost? Since lawnmowers are season should I expect th
price to drop as we get closer to fall? Lastly, recommendations o
weedwackers?
Thanks all,
TM
-