Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Worx PaceSetter Electric Mower
Essentially unused, was found to be too small for my substantial lawn. Will sell for a very reasonable price etc. Packing may be a problem. Make an offer then LD.

OT: Framing Momento Question
My wife and I have a hiking trail map which was printed on glossy paper. We are going to have it framed, to preserve our mountain hiking pursuits, and we want it to last. We have typed up our own map...
5
5

New lawnmower, any tips?
Hi All, My lawnmower's given up the ghost after a few years, so need to get another one. It was an electric rotary which seemed to the job on my smallish (100 square meters) lawn. Now I hate mowing...
3
3

Sour Cherry Trees has buds but no Leaves
Hi. Nothhampton PA 18954 I have 3 sour chery trees all trees are about 10-12 years old. All 3 of them where just fine last year, but this year we had crazy winter and early march(cold and rainny) 2 of...

Petrol lawn mower for big garden
Found this forum looking for lawn mower advice so here is my first post. My garden is about 3 tennis courts plus a bit more at the front. Some areas a bit uneven, so assume rotary isbedt option. I...

Major ant problem
Hi there I have a 100 by 50 foot lawn, sadly owned by someone who has the least green fingers in the county. As such it has had little attention for much of the last 28 years. For the last three years...
2
2

Holes in the ground
past few weeks I've noticed several small holes that are about 2 inches wide appear in my back yard like the above example. I've been at this location for six years and this is the first time I've...
15
15

Suffolk Punch 35s Problem
Hi, Im having a problem with my suffolk punch lawnmower. Initially it wouldn't start but now after a little fiddling I have managed to do this. However, now when it is running and I put it to full...
1
1

Quality Low Voltage Landscape Lighting ?
Does anyone here know of a high quality brand for low voltage landscape lighting ? I have tried and tried fixtures from the big box stores , but they are very cheap and seldom last more than one year....
2
2

Grass Seed On Top Of Rocks!? WHAT THE HECK!?
So I am out working in my yard today, and my 76 year old male neighbor comes outside, and he starts sprinkling grass seed all over his treebelt. The problem is, his treebelt is completely covered in...
4
4

Lawn overrun with weeds
My lawn is currently overrun with the following weeds which are taking up more space than the grass itself. Since this spring they are back with a vengeance and overgrowing the grass. They proved...

Rabbits in flower bed
I have a rather large flower bed in my front yard. I've had good luck with it so far, but this morning I discovered a rabbit in the bed and he had cut down a couple of plants. Can anyone recommend...
5
5

Briggs Vanguard Engine Problem
When I plug in the wire connector that goes to the Stator on my 16HP John Deere Sabre Lawn Tractor, the connector gets real hot to the point of smoking. It appears there is a diode in the wire right...
1
1

moveing sprinkler timer
Hey all, I am trying to move my sprinkler controller (an Orbit digital job about 4 years old) to a more convenient spot in the garage. It has very thick, I would guess 12 gauge wire going from the...
1
1

Dog Pee Stains on the lawn
I have found the answer to my problem at last - for those like me with a dog that leaves pee burns on the lawn behind them I must share 'The Natural Green Grass Patch' with you all natural green...
1
1