Lawn overrun with weeds

My lawn is currently overrun with the following weeds which are taking
up more space than the grass itself. Since this spring they are back
with a vengeance and overgrowing the grass. They proved completely
resistant to heavy treatment with weedkiller last year. Mowing consists
mostly of cutting these little blighters down, for them to overgrow any
grass after.
I enclose a scan of this nasty specimen. Can anyone identify this weed,
and suggest means of getting rid of it? Would I need to dig up my entire
lawn and plant seed from scratch?
|Filename: GardenWeeds.jpg |
|Download:
Reply to