whats in my lawn

hi all, I was hoping a gardening expert could identify the clover (?) that has taken over huge parts of my lawn - please see the attachments. Should I get this treated? Cheers for any advice, Al

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: lawn2.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: lawn1.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: lawn3.JPG | |Download:
aleman

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

I don't know what the weed is but a broad-leaf weed killer will get rid of it. To test buy a spray bottle of it and try a small area. I like the Bayer product.

Reply to
Stubby

You have a mix in the pictures of Birds foot Trefoil and Black medick.

You need a selective weed killer to kill

aleman;922673 Wrote:

Old Wellies

birdsfoot trefoil is a nice plant that provides free nitrogen fertilizer. why get rid of it? i'd rather get rid of the grass...

trim it once in a while and let it go and you should see some nice yellow flowers while still keeping a neat appearance.

if you are using a mulching mower that is good as it will build the soil up instead of removing all those nutrients.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Yes and quick. I had a similar weed last year I used "westlands complete". Dont worry when you use it as the weeds will grow rigorously this all part of the process. Warning - DO NOT over dose the lawn as the grass will be killed off, read the instructions.

Robby1