Major ant problem

Hi there

I have a 100 by 50 foot lawn, sadly owned by someone who has the least green fingers in the county. As such it has had little attention for much of the last 28 years. For the last three years we have used an external contractor (Green Thumb) to treat the grass, and we are seeing some really good results - it appears to now consist of mainly grass not weeds. However about 6 years ago I noticed somne ant nests in the grass when I mowed. Last year it peaked at 56 nests accross the lawn. Now they dont get in the house, and are standard black ants, but even I am beginning to think I should do something to get rid of quite so many.

Any suggestions, short of napalm??

Thanks

Reply to
Paul114

Paul,

We live on the edge of the woods so lots of trees and black ants that used to get into the house. Looking for a solution to that problem we purchased KM Ant Pro Bait Station(s) and filled them with Gourmet Liquid Ant Bait. The ants find this food source and bring the contents back to the nests. Took a couple of months but since then for several years now all we do is purchase the liquid and refill the containers and we're good for another season.

Not cheap but solved our problem. Good luck.

Reply to
bobmct

I would apply one of the granular insecticides designed for lawns.

Reply to
trader4