Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Honeywell TH8000 VisionPRO Thermostat Issue
Our Honeywell TH8000 series thermostat started running at 60 degrees and the "change filter" display was flashing. I checked the furnace and the light was flashing for "intake obstructed". I change...
2
2

Furnace flue brown goo/liquid leak
I have a goodman (gms80805cnbd) conventional natural gas furnace (installed 2017). i have brown goo/liquid dripping from inside the flue pipe to the outside of the flue pipe at a connection junction....
1
1

Heat stopped working a week ago, thermostat says AUX Heat, here is what I have done thus far....
I have a Lennox system XP14-036-230-10 CBX32MV-048-230-6-07 Installed 4yrs ago prior to my purchasing and moving into a 1600 sq. ft. ho me (town home mind you-inside unit). Last Wednesday my indoor...
3
3

Thermostat
Wait circulator Me 65

Trane parts
My Trane central heat is blowing cold air and showing the error code for a defective high temp limit switch. I pulled the old one out and sure enough the sensor on the end is completely corroded away....

Starter or Cap for Motor ??
Hoping someone can help me here. I have a GE motor. It was used for a fan/blower I have lost the Starter/Capacitor (I don't even know which it uses) It has 3 Wires for the Starter / Cap. A Yellow,...

Oil Tank Whistler
I have an oil tank in my basement that the delivery driver indicates that the whistle is bad. It's a newer tank and I've had the tank checked by my HVAC people who indicate it's working fine. *When is...
1
1

central air outside unit buzzing
I'm a hardcore diyer out of necessity, that being said, I figure things out and am willing to get into almost anything. I'm in dead center fl, and my 5yr old ac is having issues. the compressor fan...
1
1

Carrier thermostat
About midnight, the thermostat gave off a high buzz, with a high note warning it was coming. It lasted for 25 minutes. At first I thought it was batteries. Took the thermostat off the wall. No...
1
1

[Survey] Building Energy Simulation and Optimization
Dear community, I'm a PhD Student and I need responses to this survey from users of Building Energy Simulation softwares to help me advance in my thesis. The survey only takes 3 minutes. Thank for...

Spring location
The spring fell off where does it go

Need whole system recommendation on a 4800 sft home in the Charlotte, NC area please...
Girlfriend is loaded so money isn't the main decider.... With that said, she has three Rheem split units with scroll compressors installed in '98, 2 two ton units and one five ton- all 12 SEER. I have...

A/C
A/C popped blew a breaker and reset breaker A/C turns on but no cooling....shoot it?
1
1

Trane XL 80 not turning on
The unit (model: TXC037C4HPC0, serial: R435RF05G, mfg: 10/2000) was working well (over the last few years it was used primarily for the air conditioning function) until we got 16 inches of water in...

White sheathed wires destination?
I have a brown sheath and a white sheath, each containing two copper wires (red & white). The pair in the white sheathing are not connected to anythin g and slipped right out of the AC unit housing....
1
1