Heat stopped working a week ago, thermostat says AUX Heat, here is what I have done thus far....

I have a Lennox system
XP14-036-230-10 CBX32MV-048-230-6-07
Installed 4yrs ago prior to my purchasing and moving into a 1600 sq. ft. ho me (town home mind you-inside unit).
Last Wednesday my indoor temp was not moving off 66 degrees and indicated A UX heat. Mind you I just put my heat on for the first time maybe a week or two prior and honestly have no idea if it ever even worked b/c it wasn't th at cold, but I think it was working....
I checked the breaker, nothing would make the outside fan kick on but when I changed the setting on the thermostat it would click like it wanted to wo rk but nothing happened.
I was told that both TXVs needed to be replaced. Once my guy finished the j ob and was exiting he noticed there was no air coming out of the systems, h e checked and the computer, module and fan had both gone. He replaced them all along with the outside fan. My inside unit is 4tons (meant for 2400 sq. ft.) and my outside unit 3 tons. The inside unit is too big and forcing th e air out so fast that it "doesn't have time to heat up." Well that's all w ell and fine but the system was working just fine for 4years. I understand the inside unit may be putting stress on the outside unit and vice versa he nce why the parts may have gone bad so fast but I paid over a $1000 and my system is not fixed. Also the power strip that was installed for the inside unit is smaller than what is required causing again a strain on the inside unit. Not only am I pissed because who gets paid to NOT fix something but the only thing working again is the blower. Blowing COLD air (66 max) and m y AUX heat is stuck on! I have turned the system off.
I am looking for answers/suggestions? Other than replace the entire system for almost $6k!
On 11/19/2019 6:47 PM, Jennifer Lotakis wrote: > I ha ve a Lennox system > > XP14-036-230-10 > CBX32MV-0 48-230-6-07 > > Installed 4yrs ago prior to my purc hasing and moving into a 1600 sq. ft. home (town home mind you-inside unit). > > Last Wednesday my indoor temp was not moving off 66 degrees and indicated AUX heat. Mind you I just put my heat on for the first tim e maybe a week or two prior and honestly have no idea if it ever even worked b/c it wasn't that cold, but I think it was working.... > > I checked the breaker, nothing would make the outside fan kick on but when I changed the setting on the thermostat it would click like it wanted to work but nothing happened. > > I was told that both TXVs needed to be replaced. Once my guy finished the job and was exiting he noticed there was no air coming out of the systems, he checked and the computer, module and fan had both gone. He replace d them all along with the outside fan. My inside unit is 4tons (meant for 2400 sq. ft.) and my outside unit 3 tons. The inside unit is too big and forcing the air out so fast that it "doesn't have time to heat up." W ell that's all well and fine but the system was workin g just fine for 4years. I understand the inside unit m ay be putting stress on the outside unit and vice vers a hence why the parts may have gone bad so fast but I paid over a $1000 and my system is not fixed. Also the power strip that was installed for the inside unit is smaller than what is required causing again a strain on the inside unit. Not only am I pissed because who g ets paid to NOT fix something but the only thing worki ng again is the blower. Blowing COLD air (66 max) and my AUX heat is stuck on! I have turned the system off. > > I am looking for answers/suggestions? Other th an replace the entire system for almost $6k!
Lawyer , Lawyer, Lawyer. Get several technical opinions to insure that you are correct in your prognosis and th en sue the shit out of the original installer and th e inspection entity that passed and allowed that sys tem to even be turned on. I would guess it was install ed by a DIY'er and no inspection permitted. Thus the seller of the property is likely liable. As is the Realtor that allowed such a sale without a proper ho me inspection that would have turned up gross problems like yours... It is also possible the new repair pe rsonage is milking your cow.Precede carefully and wi th a big legal stick. > >
--
It is hardly to
o strong to say that the Constitution was made to guar
On Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 6:52:06 PM UTC-5, PaxPerPoten wrote:

[...]

tem for almost $6k!

A hack installed it and you had another one repair it.
Call a different company and get a real technician out there. Everything y ou said screams of a repair tech who didn't know what he or she was doing.