Oil Tank Whistler

I have an oil tank in my basement that the delivery driver indicates that the whistle is bad. It's a newer tank and I've had the tank checked by my HVAC people who indicate it's working fine. *When is the whistle supposed to start whistling? When it approaches full? Or should it begin to whistle while filling and shut off when it's near FULL?***
message

Why are you asking here? Why didn't your HVAC people tell you?