ruud will not tell me what lugs to use on my indoor blower motor!!!`

ruud customer service will not tell me what lugs are in use on my x-13 indoor blower motor. From my research, the x-13 that I have is setup for 2 speeds (1600 and 2200 cfm) The support paper work that I got with the unit says that the motor is shipped in the low setting (lug2), but further into the paper work it says that the motor is set to medium speed. WTF is medium on a two speed motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I email (no phone number available) the tech support at rudd and they refuse to tell me. They say to contact a service professional. !!!!!!! I am the service professional, ON ALL EQUIPMENT THAT I OWN!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!! I own the equipment and they will not give me the info that I want... needless to say, I will not buy a ruud again.

so if any one can send me an email and tell me what lug is what, I would appreciate it!!!!

the model of the heat pump package unit is: rjna-a60jk 000 the motor is rheem part number 51-101-984-02

there are 5 total control lugs, the system is currently connected to the number 2 lug. I believe that the number 1 lug is the high speed lug and that number 2 lug is the low speed... HELP !!!!!

Reply to
Bob in Phx

Either you have a 2 speed motor or you have an X-13 motor.

Rheem/RUUD will not give you the information unless your a LICENSED CONTRACTOR. Even those of us who are licensed contractors and dealers, have to do a conference call through the supply house to get to tech support.

Its not a problem with the product, its a problem with the bonehead "service tech(?)"

Its a 13SEER 5 ton package heat pump with R22 refrigerant

Your not looking at the correct page in the installation manual. Try page

36, the installation manual tells you exactly how to hook up the motor(if its an X-13 motor), providing your can read a schematic, and your reading the correct one for your particular unit. There is also a schemetic inside the access door for the electrics on the unit.

I don't know wtf your doing screwing with the blower settings anyway... they are factory set on a 5 ton package unit.

If the blower motor failed, it is still most likely still under warranty if it was installed by a licensed contractor. Normally the only blower motor failures I see are from static pressures that are too high from incorrectly sized and badly designed ductwork.

Reply to
Steve