Duct work sizing info.

Does anybody have or know where I could get a static pressure drop of a Rheem coil model # RCBA-3765GG17? I have to replace a botched up duct system. Asking the local Rheem or Ruud distributor for this info. got me know where because it is a coil older than 10 years. Plus they are not used to these type questions because nobody knows how to size duct work properly around here. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
rfofaky

Have you tried rheemote.com?

Reply to
<kjpro

email Steve @ Noon-Air. He checks email while on his road trip, include your ph number & he&#39;ll probably call ya.

Or grab your magnehelic and take a reading on each side of the coil.....factor in a few hundred&#39;s for a wet coil and be good to go.....

Reply to
gofish

Since it is NOT a new coil forget the initial static drop & follow gofish&#39;s advice! Also, how the coil was installed can add considerable back pressure & reduce the velocity fps force & therefore the airflow through the coil. With regard to oil furnaces, the above & below can destroy airflow CFM even if the rest of the ductwork is sized correctly. Test the Static pressures & velocity flow rate!

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell