Subject Author Posted Replies

Bokasha bin
Has anybody got some advice on Bokasha composting? Just read about it but haven't heard of it. Is it to be recommended for quick compost? I don't want to spend money on some gimmick!!
3
3

Cordyline Australis not growing straight
Hi everyone, I?ve just signed up as I?m struggling to find an answer to a problem I have with my Cordyline Australis. I have searched and can?t find anything similar, we planted our Australis 3 years...
8
8

camellia
My friend gave my an old camellia which is now a small tree as it would not flower, well i looked after it in summer and it now has dozens of flower buds about to burst it seems ,is this normal for...
2
2

Exploding bean!
Hello all, The other week I picked up a bean from a tree near our library. It had a ve lvety surface. It had been on the dinner table for the past week or so. Ton ight when we were having some snacks...
6
6

Advice needed for moving a Holly tree.
Hello I've wanted holly tree in my garden for awhile and don't want to buy one as most are too small. I've located one in the wild in a hedge row (on land I own) but could do with some advice on how...
7
7

Hayter Harrier II 19" Vintage mower help needed.
Hi all. Newbie pensioner from Essex here and sorry to launch with a beg. I am really struggling with the friction plate above the blade but I was wondering if that needs to be removed? My problem is...
2
2

Garden Bathtub Clay amendment
Hi all been working on a new garden project, new garden is clay and wet! I rotavated and amended the lawn area several weeks ago and turf is growing and rooting great however I decided to dig over the...
3
3

Anemone coronaria 'cristina' ?
Dear All, I'm looking for some plants or bulbs of Anemone coronaria 'cristina' ? I didnot find any seller on the web. Does someone know how I could find some of them ? Maybe someone here is...

Garden Blogs
Hi I Hope everyone is doing well. After years working as a chef i've set out on the path to become a qualified horticulturalist. Woohoo. This along with owning an allotment has led me to start my own...
1
1

Gardeners Birthday gift help needed
Hello, Garden Banter forum thanks for the add! I am here today because it's my mums birthday coming in about 6 weeks and I'm in need of a little advice on what to get her. She pretty much lives in the...
5
5

Ceiba chodatii
Hello! A question in Location of the tree: Palermo, Sicily, Italy Could someone please confirm that this is a Ceiba chodatii? Cincerly, Kalle - Zeitraffer - Seerosen II weiß und rosa:
2
2

Large, Mature Acer Palmatum Roots Above Ground, Need Advice Please
Hi, I've clawed some garden back from a neighbour after many years, and on the land is a lovely, Acer Palmatum, I'm not sure of the type, but I can do some photos if the forum will let me post them....
1
1

Monster squashes. Pick early?
As usual this season I'm growing some delicata squashes. I leave these on t he vine until the vine has completely died and dried back in the fall. It s eems to consistently produce very sweet, rich...
1
1

composting corn cobs
Hi All ; I find that whole cobs are slow to break down in the composter - so I have been cutting them into ~ 5 pieces with a big knife - it helps a bit - but I'm wondering if there is a better way -...
13
13

How to add water?
Hi, I have just bought a "Succulent Mix". 1. It needs only little water per a few days? 2. I just cannot find where to add the water! Thanks so much for your advice!...
3
3