nasty invasive plants

It's not just over-seas - It has become quite invasive - everyone should be aware and take care !
http://www.invadingspecies.com/giant-hogweed/
Also - it's little cousin wild parsnip - a rapidly spreading invasive ..
http://www.invadingspecies.com/wild-parsnip/
John T.
On 5/30/2018 8:49 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

When I looked it up it said that hogweed was brought into the UK as an ornamental.

.. and to North America - so what .. ?
On 5/30/2018 12:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

I don't know how evasive it is but these things can become a problem outside their native habitat. Wasn't the US customs going to fine a woman for bringing in a apple given to her on her travels back to the US that she got on a French airline?
I thought it was comical about 30 years ago on a bus going from the airport into Toronto to see a couple of secretaries returning from a vacation in Cuba with a cute insect they had. Might have become a scourge in Canada.
We got invaded by stink bugs a few years ago and they were taking over even ruining my peppers. Must have take a while for birds and bats to find them tasty as they are no longer a problem.
I'm infested with Japanese stilt-grass due to somebody in Japan using it as a packing material to ship to the US.