Catalog Companies or One Company With Many Aliases

Everybody seems to get a few catalogs but this is getting ridiculous. I have what seems to be one company operating under numerous aliases bombarding me with catalogs. Problem is that the actual plant materials I've gotten from them has been utter rubbish. Here is a list:

Burgess Seed & Plant Co. Farmer Seed and Nursery Dutch Gardens Royal Dutch Gardens (presumably more noble than the regular Dutch) Inter-State Nurseries Kelly Nurseries Exciting Gardens Four Seasons Nursery Honeycreek Nurseries and there may be more that I've already tossed into the recycling bin...

Why would any reputable company even try to pull this off? Why would they be so stupid as to use the same customer number on every catalog? Why would they use the same photography and the same prose style in each? Printing and sending so much paper rubbish rather than quality plant materials does not seem to be a sane business model (or is it?)

Reply to
John McGaw

It seems that they are even worse than I thought. I just got a new catalog from somebody calling themselves "House of Wesley" but by some miracle of coincidence the customer number on this one matches that on all of the others and by an even further coincidence they have roughly the same address as the others. It makes me wonder if they are trying to keep ahead of the authorities with all of these obviously fake names. Or maybe since I sent a stern warning to them demanding to be removed from the mailing list for the first nine they have generated a new alias just for me. Sigh...

Reply to
John McGaw

This is an obvious attempt to trick people into thinking they reached Burpee Seeds and Plants. A check of Yelp finds they have 2 stars. If you exclude a few ratings that may be phony, it would be even lower.

Don

e-mail at page bottom.

Reply to
Don Wiss

The best way to be sure you're buying Burpee seeds is to phone them directly and place your order live.

Another good deal is to buy Burpee seeds from Walmart, they sell Burpee seeds in slightly smaller packets at greatly reduced prices... most home gardeners don't need a lot of seeds... shop early for best selection. I mostly buy my vegetable seeds here, I like their Italian seed collection:
I've been gardening all my life and receive very few seed/plant catalogs in the mail other than the ones I buy from.

Reply to
penmart01

Burgess Seed and Plant is a viable company. I have taken delivery of a number of plants from them.

I also do bus with Burpee.

There are many many seed and plant companies in the states.

There is a national org that saves seeds and some are selling seeds.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn