Subject Author Posted Replies

iPower Hydroponics from Zenhydro
Zenhydro- the best hydroponics store brings to the best of hydroponic suppl ies from around the globe. We have a wide range of products to suit any req uirement of a hydroponic grower. The best of the...

Bird Seed in Compost?
bury it deeply enough that it won't be disturbed. many seeds will not be able to grow if they are buried deeply enough that they don't get enough warmth/sunlight and if any do happen to sprout they...
1
1

Feeding plants flies for protein using soapy water
How does a single soap drop of "flak" incapacitate a housefly? Do you think the dish soap is bad or good for the plants? What is it about soapy water that knocks house flies right out of the air? In...
3
3

Merry Christmas to All You Fine Folks
I hope everyone is/was having a good Christmas or otherwise winter fiesta. Please excuse my ab scents -- bin neglecting the fine newsgroups, but hope to improve again as soon as I can find another...
1
1

Problem With Palm
Hi, Not sure which palm this is but we have noticed the leaves are turning yellow, wondered if its because of the cold as it was -2 degrees last night. At the moment we have wrapped it in fleece, is...
1
1

A plant to identify
Hello all, I came across this very aromatic plant in my neighborhood. Having no nursery around where I live anymore I took it to the local big-box hardware store, they did not know what it is :(...
7
7

Uses for cottage cheese
You still chew on forskins like bubble gum. LOL
9
9

Which rodent made this new mound in a So. CA area?
this big new mound made by a gopher, mole, etc. outside a rural So(uthern) CA(lifornia) home? It appears yesterday's morning and got bigger this morning. :( Thank you in advance. :)
14
14

Lemonade
Should I leave a shoot from the rootstock below the graft? presumably some sort of lemon
4
4

What is this fruit(?) found last week under these plants found in a Southern CA(lifornia) rural home area?
Are they safe to eat? Thank you in advance. :)
7
7

Rat poison
I have used half cement, half flour and it seems to have worked. I dont see them eating as much, but know for sure because i dont see or smell the dead ones. Any other homemade methods? Do me a big...
1
1

It Is Indeed Getting Warmer
I just updated the Web page that describes the climate in my neighborhood, to reflect temperatures in September and October. For the years 2006-2016, the daily average low in October was 59F; but this...
5
5

Who do I sue?
All summer I had a nice tomato plant in my tiny garden. It was slow in producing tomatoes. It was just beginning to produce. It was still young and vital. Last night the temperature dropped into the...
2
2

What is making these holes in the front lawn overnight that happen often?
Might be skunks. They can scrape up chunks of law looking for grubs. https://www.spring-green.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/skunk-damage-to-a-lawn.jpg
7
7

what size hydrangea petiolaris to buy?
I know hydrangea petiolaris are slow to start. With the choice between a 2 litre and 5*litre plant am I better off going for the larger or will this not make much difference in how fast it establishes...
2
2