Philodendron?

I have a plant that I inherited from my mother. Actually, it is a rooted cutting from a rooted cutting from a rooted cutting of my mother's plant. As she did, I have it growing in water, not soil.
A photo is at <
http://www.rossde.com/test/plant.JPG . Mom said it was a Philodendron. However, there are many plants that are similar to Philodendron but are not in that genus. Among them are nephthytis (Syngonium podophyllum) and pothos (Epipremnum pinnatum).
Is this really a Philodendron? If so, what is the variety or species?
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see