Gladiolus bent leaves before the stalk = no bloom?

This is my second year planting gladiolus, they are currently at the 3-5 leave stage, before the stalk comes. I learned last year that not all corms produce any leaves. If they produce green leaves, doesn't necessarily mean they will produce a stalk. If it produces a stalk, some stalks buds' didn't open. I am currently working on growing a "cutting garden". So my question is, can you tell at this "3-5 leave" stage if it will produce a stalk? If they wont, I'd like to just get them out now to save the nutrients for the rest of the garden. Thank you for your time

Reply to
Sophia Antoinette

Odd - I'd check the chemical mix. Might be simple as that to improve. Some rock chem mix can enhance flower production in other plants. Maybe if you have tired dirt it might take pushing.

Mart> This is my second year planting gladiolus, they are currently at the 3-5 > leave

Reply to
Martin Eastburn