weed identification help

I cannot find this plant on any weed ID websites. It grew into quite a large bush in several parts of my garden before I dug it up and the leaves keep returning. it is quite deep rooted.

Can anyone help me identify it?

Thanks in advance

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: weed.jpg | |Download:
jokule81

Any chance of a photograph without the abstract effects? Some more of the structure and flowers (if any) would help too.

David Hare-Scott

And scale would help, too. Looks vaguely mint-ish, but those could be huge leaves for all I know.

Priscilla

Reply to
Priscilla H. Ballou

Those look like the leaves of some sort of bramble (Rubus). Since they flower and fruit on one year old canes, and you've been cutting them back, you haven't seen any fruit. Most often brambles are thorny, but there are species (and cultivars) that are less well armed. They will throw up suckers from any substantial bit of root left in the ground.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz