Is this a Delphinium

We have a plant which is supposed to be a delphinium but while the leaves are right and the main flower is right the rest does not look right at all. Does anyone know what it is. thanks

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: whole plant12.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: flowwerrr.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: foilage12.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: flower front12.jpg | |Download:
Suebdo

It sure looks like delphinium to me. The flower appears correct for delphinium in your 4th photo.

Reply to
David E. Ross

It's Aconitum (also known as monkshood or wolfsbane). Probably a hybrid or cultivar of A. napellus.

It is probably the most poisonous plant commonly found in gardens. Delphiniums are toxic, too, but are not in the same league as Aconitum.

Reply to
Jeff Layman