identification please

hallo,

what are these things please? and is this giant grub harmful to my veg or not?

thanks

karaman

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: micsoda2.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: unk_plant.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: unk_grub.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: unk_blossom.JPG | |Download:
karaman

eye-opener, indeed!

more likely a signature that all is well rather than an indication of significant trouble worth devoting any time worrying over.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

The purple plant looks like it could be some sort of Amaranthus.

The big green weed near the strawberries might be a thorn apple (Datura stramonium). (In the US I might also take a close look at horsenettle, Solanum carolinense). Either way, a potentially large and poisonous weed in the Nightshade family.

The large grub might be the larva of a predatory beetle. It doesn't look like any of the obnoxious beetle grubs I'm familiar with.

The flowering tree looks like a showy cultivar of the black locust (Robinia pseudoacacia) which is marketed under the name "Purple Robe locust."

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: micsoda2.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: unk_plant.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: unk_grub.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: unk_blossom.JPG | |Download:
Pat Kiewicz

proabably not much help karaman,

google searches might help or you nearest nursery.

top to botom:

looks like a plant we call the beef steak plant

yep looks like a weed we get here so look for common weeds in your search.

being a grub no matter it will eat the foliage of you plants most preffer vege's

no good with flowers

told you i was of littel help hey have a nice day

snipped

Reply to
gardenlen

I was wondering if it was Orach, aka mountain spinach. It's been some time since I've grown it so will defer to others on ID.

Reply to
FarmI

The first picture is of Love Lies Bleeding

photoflasher