Plant identification

Hi, this is my first post here. I was hoping someone could identify the two flowers shown in the attached pics. I think I have seen both in the Gardeners' World tv show garden. I have asked the same question there but thus far no reply. Thanks in advance,

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: IMG_0828ss.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: IMG_0823s.jpg | |Download:
Onthehang

The second one is one of the many types of Helianthus, perennial Sunflowers, could be Lemon Queen, but it may be a bit too orange for that one. There are a fair few of them.

I know the first but the name will not jump out at me.

Owdboggy

Orange one appears to be "Tithonia"

Reply to
beecrofter

Another name Mexican sunflower.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Thanks for that. I got these in France in August. The sunflower is quite common over there so i dug up a few small specimens. 30cms tall. These I have planted in the garden and they have taken quite well.

The mexican sunflower as i now know it to be was in municipal plantings and i took a cutting from one. I have 3 cuttings in my greenhouse which have rooted well but now i know it to be an annual so was my effort wasted? Will the cuttings die before they have a chance to flower and produce seed? A pity if so because they were stunning to see in full flower and about 5 foot tall.

Onthehang